Sunday, March 1, 2009

AstroBoy World - 1st Anniversary!

It was on this day, March 1st, one year ago, that AstroBoy World first opened! Hard to believe that a year has already past, but it's been an exciting and fun journey thus far.

When I started this blog, it didn't occur to me at the time just how much there would be to post about. I figured I'd be posting news every once in awhile and write some other content to pad things out. Well, there has been a lot more to write about than I ever would have expected! It just goes to show you how important and relevant the work of Osamu Tezuka still is today. Even if we were to ignore any news about the upcoming animated Astro Boy movie, there's still plenty of new information about Astro and Tezuka coming out all the time!

To celebrate the occasion, I have added 5 new random title images, for a grand total of 20. See if you can discover them!

Thanks to everyone who has visited AstroBoy World. I invite you all to continue to visit and to leave your comments. I might not be able to respond to them all, but I do read them and I appreciate every single one. I also want to give a special thanks to Felix Ip from Imagi for supporting ABW since day one.

I started ABW because I thought that the Internet was missing a one-stop Astro Boy fan-site that was updated often. I'm not an expert, and I don't have access to top-secret info, but since I love the subject of classic anime, I figured I should try to fill that gap myself. I hope that I've been able to to that, and that it's been fun and entertaining for all of you. These next few months leading up to the release of the film promise to be very interesting, and AstroBoy World will be there every step of the way. There might just be a few special surprises too!

2 comments:

felix ip said...

congratulations!!! i am really appreciate that you can create this blog where i can look for info new, and good stuffs about AsroBoy and Osamu Tezuka easier. pls keep bringing us good stuffs :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the success and longevity of the site. And thank you for putting together such an informative blog about one of my childhood icons.

Looking forward to see the new title images. :]