Thursday, June 26, 2008

Scarlett Johansson joins Astro Boy -UPDATE: Not!

Is it true? Awaiting confirmation, but for now, it looks that way!

Colider is reporting that Scarlett Johansson, one of the most beautiful actresses in the entire world, has joined the Astro Boy animated movie cast. Not only does she bring some excellent prestige to the film, but Scarlett also has a great connection to Astro's home country of Japan, as she starred in the multi-award winning "Lost in Translation". This is also not her first vocal role for an animated movie either. She was also in the SpongeBob Squarepants movie. But we won't talk about that one.

Personally, I'm thrilled not only that Scarlett Johansson is going to be a part of this movie, but also that I get to include a picture of her with this post.

*** UPDATE - 1/27/2009 ***

Nope, she's not!

Months later, MTV News brings the scoop.

I had kind of sort of met on it and stuff, but I don’t know where that came from,” Johansson told MTV. “I had never been committed to it. I don’t know what happened to it.”
So, she's not in it. She could have been, so the rumor had some merrit at the time, but ultimately she isn't and Kristen Bell is. Oh well. At least I got to post a picture of Scarlett Johansson on this blog!

0 comments: